Is it a quiche? Is it a tart? Is it a pizza flavoured cheesecake? It’s all of those, and yet a dish all on its own.
I make this on a regular basis as a quick and impressive lunch or picnic plate. The crispy crust against the smooth and creamy filling is delicious and sturdy enough to eat with your hands if needs be. The ricotta and eggs bake together to create a creamy and luscious filling, flavoured with tomato, basil and cheese, hence the pizza cheesecake title.
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think it should be called. Enjoy!
Nutritional values (per serving, slice)
|of which Saturated||7.5||grams|
|Magnesium||70||mg (18% RDA)|
|Potassium||292||mg (15% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (31%), fat (65%)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- Make the Savoury Keto Pie Crust and use it to line one large or 8 individual tart pans.
- Preheat oven to 190 C/ 375 F. Place ricotta, eggs, parmesan and salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cream and arrowroot powder and mix until blended. Whisk into eggs mix.
- Cut stems off the kale and finely slice the leaves. Finely chop the fresh basil and add it, along with the kale, to the egg mixture.
- Stir through and then gently pour into the prepared tart shell.
- Crumble goat’s cheese over the top and then dot the tomato quarters throughout. Bake for 30 minutes until just set.
- Quiche will set further as it cools. Store leftovers in the tart pan, covered tightly with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!