Follow us 148.4k
Confession: when I first thought of this recipe, I envisaged a gooey, stretchy, cheesy, commercial stuffed crust pizza kind of result.
I’ll be honest, I was so disappointed when that’s not how it turned out…until I ate it.
Granted, you don’t get that melty stretchy moment, but you do get a crust that is so jam packed with flavour that you want to go back for more, and more.
I kept the rest of my toppings super simple but you can use whatever you like, just keep an eye on your carb counts. Enjoy!
Instead of 2/3 cup almond flour, use 4 heaped tablespoons (48 g/ 1.7 oz) of coconut flour + 2 oz (57 g) cream cheese, or 2 oz (57 g) flaxmeal + 2 oz (57 g) cream cheese. If using coconut flour, brush the top of the crust with a small amount of melted ghee or coconut oil before baking.
Serving size slice
Allergy information for Keto Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, slice)
Net carbs4.5 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 27%, fat 66%
Total carbs5.7 gramsFiber1.1 gramsSugars2 gramsSaturated fat9 gramsSodium433 mg(19% RDA)Magnesium44 mg(11% RDA)Potassium210 mg(11% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 pizza/ 8 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 2/3 cup almond flour (67 g/ 2.3 oz)
- 150 g string cheese sticks or gruyere or cheddar cut into sticks (5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup tomato passata (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly shredded
- 150 g fresh mozzarella slices (5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (57 g/ 2 oz)
- black pepper
- Optional: extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!