There’s nothing quite as enjoyable as a good quiche and this keto Festive Goat Cheese & Kale Quiche is as tasty as they come. The pastry, so buttery and light, it’d fool any grain eater into thinking it was the real deal!
It’s one of those go to recipes you’ll revisit time and time again. Great for the Holiday season just or a lazy brunch. Or why not make on a Sunday and keep in the fridge to use for lunches in the week? Stores well for up to 4 days in the fridge and freezes really well too.
Allergy information for Festive Keto Goat Cheese & Kale Quiche
✔ Gluten free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs3.8 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 15%, fat 79%
Total carbs8.4 gramsFiber4.6 gramsSugars2.5 gramsSaturated fat6.6 gramsSodium254 mg(11% RDA)Magnesium69 mg(17% RDA)Potassium293 mg(15% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1 red bell pepper (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 small brown onion (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100 g of chopped kale, stalks removed (3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
- 60 g soft goats cheese (2.1 oz)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Marinara Sauce or Red Pesto (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- good pinch of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- fresh basil leaves and/or watercress
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional). Make the savoury pie crust as per this recipe here.
- Blitz the kale in a high speed food processor until fine. Option to simply chop fine if you prefer.
- Peel and finely dice the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and gently fry on a medium-low heat for about 2 minutes until soft.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Add the kale and garlic to the onion and sauté for a further 1-2 minutes on the same heat until wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the marinara or red pesto sauce to the bottom of the quiche crust and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Add the kale, onion and garlic mix and spread to the edges. Half the cherry tomatoes and place on top of the kale mix, along with the soft goats cheese.
- Crack open the eggs in a cup and whisk with a fork. Add a good pic of salt and pepper. Add to the quiche base and top with little dollops of the remaining 1 tablespoon of marinara or red pesto sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the eggs have set.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and top with fresh basil leaves, cracked black pepper and optional baby watercress. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Multipurpose Keto Pie Crust, coconut-free (KetoDiet blog)|
|1.3 g||3.9 g||15 g||158 kcal|
|Peppers, red bell, fresh|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||1.7 g||15 kcal|
|Onion, brown (yellow), raw|
|0.6 g||0.1 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Kale, curly, fresh|
|0.5 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||4 kcal|
|Tomatoes, cherry, fresh, sweet varieties|
|0.3 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Goat cheese, fresh (soft)|
|0 g||1.4 g||1.6 g||20 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.2 g||3.1 g||2.4 g||36 kcal|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0.9 g||10 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|3.8 g||9.1 g||21.7 g||252 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!