Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream, which one do you prefer? I can never decide and the truth is I love them all: strawberry, cherry and chocolate & mint. This recipe has been adapted from the amazing no-churn ice-cream by Mary Berry. I used a low-carb sweetener instead of sugar and added some vanilla powder for an extra flavour boost. I also used a pinch of cream of tartar to help the ice-cream stay light and creamy.
Using Raw Eggs?
If a recipe calls for raw eggs and you are concerned about the potential risk of Salmonella, you can make it safe by using pasteurized eggs. To pasteurize eggs at home, simply pour enough water in a saucepan to cover the eggs. Heat to about 60 °C/ 140 °F. Using a spoon, slowly place the eggs into the saucepan. Keep the eggs in the water for about 3 minutes. This should be enough to pasteurize the eggs and kill any potential bacteria. Let the eggs cool down before using in any recipe, or store in the fridge for 6-8 weeks.
1,500+ delicious keto recipes
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Planner & tracker
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
And so much more...!
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Tips for Super Soft Ice Cream
This recipe produces soft and creamy ice-cream. However, once left in the freezer for more than 4 hours, it will get hard. Below are some tips to help you keep it soft:
- Vodka or other similar alcoholic drink - about 1/4 cup. Vodka is best as it's neutral and leaves no aftertaste.
- Vegetable glycerin - 1-2 tablespoons. This ingredient will prevent crystallisation. It has a minimum effect on blood sugar but I personally count all the carbs in it because it has more calories than sugar.
- MCT oil - about 1/4 cup. I use it in other ice-cream recipes but I'm not sure how that would work in this one. It may "deflate" the fluffy texture.
- Also, put the ice-cream in single-serving containers so you don't have to wait for too long until it softens when taken out of the freezer.
Serving size 1 cup, 2 large scoops
Allergy information for No-Churn Vanilla Keto Ice-Cream
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 cup, 2 large scoops)
Net carbs2.3 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 9%, fat 87%
Total carbs2.3 gramsFiber0 gramsSugars2.1 gramsSaturated fat13.1 gramsSodium66 mg(3% RDA)Magnesium8 mg(2% RDA)Potassium92 mg(5% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!