Are you missing sweet, chewy cookies but are low-carb? Look no further than these Chewy Keto Peanut Butter Cookies!
Made with peanut butter, coconut butter, egg, low-carb sweetener, and salt, these cookies are the perfect treat for satisfying your sweet tooth while staying within your dietary restrictions.
But what makes these cookies truly special is the addition of allulose, a low-calorie sweetener that gives the cookies their chewy texture. However, it's important to note that allulose can cause the cookies to brown faster, so it's crucial to bake them on low for longer.
Serve these keto cookies with a cup of tea, coffee, Mocha, Hot Chocolate or Chocolate Milk.
Can't eat peanuts? Use an equivalent amount of almond butter or sunflower seed butter!
If you prefer a crunchy cookie, you could substitute erythritol for allulose. However, recent studies have linked erythritol to increased blood clotting and potentially increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), so beware if you're using this sweetener often.
To learn more and decide whether you want to use it, I recommend this podcast which offers a balanced breakdown of the study. (Note: Being genetically prone to blood clots, I chose to avoid using Erythritol.)
Love simple keto desserts similar to these cookies? Check out these keto recipes:
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size cookie
Allergy information for Chewy Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, cookie)
Net carbs3.6 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 15%, fat 78%
Total carbs6 gramsFiber2.4 gramsSugars3.1 gramsSaturated fat5.1 gramsSodium159 mg(7% RDA)Magnesium95 mg(24% RDA)Potassium215 mg(11% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 10 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 140 °C/ 285 °F (fan assisted), or 160 °C/ 320 °F (conventional). For easy mixing, make sure to use ingredients that have reach room temperature. Microwave the peanut and coconut butter if too hard.
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl: softened peanut butter (smooth or chunky), coconut butter, egg, low-carb sweetener (see recipe tips for alternatives), and salt.
- Using a spatula, mix to combine.
- Using your hands, crate small cookie dough balls (one should be about 40 g/ 1.4 oz). Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon baking mat.
- Using a fork, press down to flatten each cookie ball until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Keep an eye on the cookies - nuts burn faster than regular cookies. When done, remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, cookie)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!