I absolutely love these Keto Salmon, Courgette (zucchini in the US) and Chilli burgers. So simple to make and packed with protein and flavour. Plus I squeezed in some hidden vegetables to help up your veggie intake for the day.
Served today with a simple marinated kale salad but you could also try them with this Paleo Spinach Tabbouleh or Low-Carb Garlic & Lemon Roasted Broccoli. I also love them with some smashed avocado and a dollop of homemade mayonnaise. Feel free to customise the sides to your liking.
Option to make these Keto Salmon Burgers with tinned salmon if you don’t have access to fresh.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||3.6||grams|
|Magnesium||79||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||850||mg (43% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (33%), fat (59%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 medium zucchini (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 420 g salmon, skinned and roughly chopped (14.8 oz) - option to use tinned salmon without the skin and bones
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (30 ml)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut flour (12 g/ 0.4 oz)
- juice from ½ lime
- 1 small chilli pepper, or to taste (7 g/ 0.2 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spring onions (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- ½ cup sauerkraut (71 g/ 2.5 oz)
- Remove the skin from the salmon and chop fine. Remove the stalk and seeds from the chilli and dice.
- Grate the zucchini. Place in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the water.
- Place all the salmon burger ingredients in a food processor and blitz until combined. If too wet add a touch more coconut flour and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. The mix should be firm enough to roll into patties (4 large or 8 small) but not too dry.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Adjust the heat to ensure they don’t burn, flipping twice.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in cup. Massage the dressing into the kale and allow to rest for 3 - 5 minutes to wilt slightly and let the flavours infuse. Top with flaked almonds.
- Serve the salmon burgers with fresh sauerkraut and lemony kale. Option to serve with tzatziki or smashed avocado.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!