Do you miss pasta on a low-carb diet? Zoodles not cutting the mustard for you? That was me too, until I was told by Martina about Palmini, hearts palm pasta! LIFE CHANGING moment guys.
It feels like you’re almost eating the real deal and at 3 g/ 0.1 oz net carbs per my 113 g/ 4 oz serve, it’s a low-carb dream. It also looks like the real thing too!
Today I whizzed up this Easy No Cook Tuna Pasta and it’s so good. Just 10 minutes to make, no fuss and yet totally satisfies the pasta cravings. I’ve listed some additional extras that work really well with it so feel free to experiment with these too.
Use a good quality tuna in extra virgin olive oil if you can, it’s worth it! This one is onion, garlic, dairy and nut free too so great if you suffer with bloating issues!
(Please note that Palmini is a vegetable alternative to pasta and although I think it's better than zucchini noodles, you will need to give it a go and see if you like it.)
Serving size 1 bowl
Allergy information for Whole 30 Keto No Cook Tuna Pasta
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 bowl)
Net carbs3.8 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 20%, fat 76%
Total carbs7.7 gramsFiber3.9 gramsSugars0.3 gramsSaturated fat4.9 gramsSodium679 mg(30% RDA)Magnesium33 mg(8% RDA)Potassium274 mg(14% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 jar or can of tuna in extra virgin olive oil or spring water, drained (140 g/ 5 oz)
- 1 can Pamini pasta, drained (225 g/ 8 oz)
- 1 tbsp capers, drained (9 g/ 0.3 oz)
- grated zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste (15 ml)
- small bunch of loose fresh basil or parsley, torn (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 10 green olives, pitted and sliced (27 g/ 1 oz)
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper, or to taste
- Optional extras: 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes and about 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Drain and rinse the palmini noodles. (Palmini is a pasta substitute that is made out of a natural plant known as hearts of palm. You can find all about palmini in this post.) If you don't like serving these noodles cold, you can optionally gently heat them up in a non stick pan for 2-3 minutes, or in a microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Drain the tuna, reserving the oil and flake into big chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, capers, lemon zest (fine for a more delicate taste), olives and half of the basil. Add the drained palmini pasta.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil until slightly emulsified.
- Drizzle the lemon-olive oil mixture over the tuna and toss the pasta with the tuna mix. You can use the one from the jar or use bottled extra virgin olive oil for best quality. The one from the jar will be saltier though.
- Season to taste with cracked black pepper and divide between two serving bowls. Serve with remaining the torn herbs and any optional extras such as halved cherry tomatoes, chilli flakes and pine nuts. Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 bowl)
|Tuna, tinned (in oil), drained|
|0 g||18.6 g||5.7 g||130 kcal|
|Hearts Of Palm, Linguine (Palmini)|
|3 g||1.5 g||0 g||30 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Lemon zest (peel), fresh|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Lemon juice, fresh|
|0.4 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||27 g||239 kcal|
|Olives, pickled, canned or bottled, green|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||2.1 g||20 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 bowl|
|3.8 g||20.6 g||34.8 g||424 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!