Hands up if you like easy all-day-breakfast skillet meals! They are perfect for busy weeknights or simply when you want a delicious, stress-free meal with minimal clean up afterwards.
This vegetarian keto recipe is based on my Easy Keto Sausage & Veg Skillet but this time I used fried eggs instead. Both recipes are nut-free, nightshade-free and can be made dairy-free if you swap avocado oil for ghee.
If you like easy one skillet meals, make sure to check out my Low-Carb Spinach & Feta Shakshuka!
Follow us 148.4k
How To Build the Perfect Breakfast Skillet
In this recipe I used cauliflower and kale for the vegatable base, plus aromatics, spices and healthy fats, all topped with fried eggs. You can make easy swaps to fit your keto lifestyle and utilize ingredients you have on hand.
- Instead of kale, try spinach, collards or beet greens.
- Instead of cauli-rice, try diced or spiralized zucchini or riced/chopped broccoli.
- Instead of eggs you can try adding some grilled halloumi cheese, or crumbled feta (this will keap the recipe For vegetarian keto friendly.
- You could also use some sausage (see this Easy Keto Sausage & Veg Skillet), or add some cooked chicken or chorizo.
- For a boost of healthy fats, add 1-2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- For a vegan keto option, swap the sausages with sliced avocado, and the ghee with olive oil or coconut oil.
- For an extra digestive aid, add some Pink Sauerkraut or Classic Sauerkraut at the end of the cooking process.
- Feel free to use any fresh or dried herbs and spices.
- For extra flavor you can add some Sriracha (you can make your own Fermented Sriracha Sauce), keto-friendly ketchup (here's how to make your own sugar-free ketchup) or mustard (here's how to make your own mustard).
It's really easy to modify any meal I post on the KetoDiet blog directly in the KetoDiet App! You can do that in Custom Meals by tapping on the "clone" icon. You can then remove, add or adjust any ingredients.
If you love KetoDiet, please leave a review on the AppStore or Google Play. It only takes a minute and makes a big difference to us. Thank you!
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size about 250 g/ 8.8 oz
Allergy information for Egg & Vegetable Breakfast Skillet
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
Net carbs8.1 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 17%, fat 75%
Total carbs12.1 gramsFiber4 gramsSugars4.4 gramsSaturated fat16.7 gramsSodium777 mg(34% RDA)Magnesium46 mg(11% RDA)Potassium682 mg(34% EMR)
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 3 tbsp ghee or virgin avocado oil (45 ml) - I used my Golden Ghee
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced (35 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small cauliflower, riced (240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 2 cups shredded kale (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley or herbs of choice
- 4 large eggs
- Grease a skillet with 2 tbsp ghee (or avocado oil). Add sliced onion and cook for 3-5 minutes. Then add minced garlic and cook for just a minute.
- Shred or tear the kale and remove the stalks.
- Add the cauliflower rice (here's how to "rice" cauliflower). Add the remaining ghee and kale shredded or torn into small pieces.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take off the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add fresh parsley.
- Fry the eggs in another skillet or a non stick pan greased with the reamining ghee (or avocado oil).
- Top with the fried eggs. Eat immediately. The cooked vegetables (without the fried egg topping) can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
|0 g||0 g||22.5 g||204 kcal|
|Onion, brown (yellow), raw|
|1.1 g||0.2 g||0 g||6 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Cauliflower rice, homemade (cauli-rice, KetoDiet app)|
|3.6 g||2.3 g||0.3 g||30 kcal|
|Kale, curly, fresh|
|1.8 g||1 g||0.2 g||14 kcal|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0.1 g||2 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Parsley, fresh (spices)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.7 g||12.6 g||9.5 g||143 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 250 g/ 8.8 oz|
|8.1 g||16.3 g||32.7 g||403 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!