This speedy low-carb lunch bowl is the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and is low in net carbs. Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s one of my favourite go to healthy gluten-free and keto-friendly meals. It's the ideal dish for those who practice intermittent fasting and only eat two nutritious meals a day.
I used quails eggs but feel free to substitute with 1 large egg per person if you prefer. You can also replace the fresh tuna with tinned if that’s all you have in the cupboards! This tuna salad is ideal to take to a BBQ or why not make it and pack in a Tupperware for a healthy work lunch?
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Allergy information for Speedy Low-Carb Tuna Lunch Bowl
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs6.4 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 21%, fat 76%
Total carbs16.7 gramsFiber10.3 gramsSugars3.3 gramsSaturated fat13 gramsSodium573 mg(25% RDA)Magnesium141 mg(35% RDA)Potassium1,479 mg(74% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 tuna steak (120 g/ 4.2 oz) - or use tinned, drained tuna
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ghee, butter or virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 10 pitted black olives (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (15 g/ 0.5 oz) - you can make your own mayo
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 6 quails eggs or 1 large egg
- 1/4 small red onion, finely sliced (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 10 walnut halves (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- large handful of watercress (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!