Deviled eggs are a great option for snacking or light lunch. These are stuffed with tuna, homemade mayonnaise and Sriracha and make a healthy keto appetiser. To get perfectly hard-boiled eggs, I use a simple cooking technique shown in the video recipe below - it's the best way to make hard-boiled eggs without overcooking them.
Follow us 36.6k
Serving size 2 deviled eggs
Allergy information for Spicy Tuna Deviled Eggs
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 deviled eggs)
Net carbs1.1 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 29%, fat 68%
Total carbs1.3 gramsFiber0.2 gramsSugars0.6 gramsSaturated fat2.5 gramsSodium334 mg(15% RDA)Magnesium14 mg(4% RDA)Potassium156 mg(8% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings, 8 deviled eggs)
- Place 4 large eggs in a pot and fill with water covering them by an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Remove from the burner and keep the eggs covered in the pot for 13 minutes (10 minutes for medium sized eggs, 15 minutes for extra large eggs).
- When done, transfer to a bowl filled with ice water and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- To peel, remove from the ice water and crack each egg several times on the kitchen surface. Gently peel off the shells.
Fresh eggs don't peel well. It's better if you use eggs that you bought 7-10 days before cooking.
- Cut the eggs in half and carefully - without breaking the egg whites - spoon the egg yolks into a bowl.
Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Add the drained tuna, mayonnaise, Sriracha and spring onion (keep some for garnish). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined using a fork.
- Use a spoon or a small cookie scoop to fill in the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish with freshly chopped spring onion and serve, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 deviled eggs)
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.4 g||6.3 g||4.8 g||72 kcal|
|Tuna, tinned (in brine), drained|
|0 g||4.1 g||0.2 g||18 kcal|
|0 g||0.1 g||6.2 g||56 kcal|
|Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, homemade (KetoDiet blog)|
|0.3 g||0.1 g||0.2 g||4 kcal|
|Spring onion, scallion, green onion, fresh|
|0.3 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 2 deviled eggs|
|1.1 g||10.7 g||11.4 g||151 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!