Stuffed avocados are a keto staple because they are so quick and easy to prepare.
I love poke bowls, it’s probably my number one go-to when it comes to grabbing a quick low-carb meal out when I’m utterly sick of Chipotle. When I’m able to find sashimi grade tuna or salmon at the market I jump at the chance to make it at home as well.
For this keto recipe I thought it would be fun to make a Tuna Poke Stuffed Avocado! Just a few simple ingredients, quality fish, and 5 minutes is all you need to make this light lunch!
Heads up that these sashimi stuffed avocados don’t keep well so you’ll want to eat it immediately, somehow I don’t think that will be an issue.
Allergy information for Low-Carb Tuna Poke Stuffed Avocados
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 24%, fat 71%
Total carbs19.4 gramsFiber14.4 gramsSugars2.1 gramsSaturated fat5.1 gramsSodium396 mg(17% RDA)Magnesium99 mg(25% RDA)Potassium1,455 mg(73% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 large avocado, halved (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 85 g sashimi grade tuna, diced (3 oz)
- 1 tsp tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium green onion, minced (15 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 2 tbsp chopped cucumber (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 1 tsp crumbled dried seaweed such as nori or sugar-free furikake
- Optional: dash of chili sauce, chili paste or freshly chopped chilies for extra heat (you can make your own Sriracha Chili Sauce)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!