Following a ketogenic diet doesn't mean you have to avoid treats altogether. Once in a while, you can reward yourself with a sugar-free dessert like this delicious mug cake. It's quick, paleo-friendly and won't kick you out of ketosis. Just like my Chai Tea Latte, this one is made with fragrant autumn spices. For even more simple low-carb treats, check out these keto mug cakes!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||15.7||grams|
|Magnesium||60||mg (15% RDA)|
|Potassium||237||mg (12% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (15%), fat (80%).
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- Make the chai tea concentrate using ¼ cup of boiling water and 1 chai tea bag and leave it to infuse for 3-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can make your own chai tea concentrate using the spices and black tea in this recipe: Chai Tea Latte. Place all the dry ingredients in bowl and combine well.
- Add the cinnamon, eggs, melted coconut oil, stevia (if used) ...
- ... and the chai tea concentrate. Mix well and place in two mugs or ramekins.
- Microwave each mug cake on high for 70-90 seconds.
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don't have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 servings at once. Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
- When done, you can optionally top the mug cakes with whipped cream or creamed coconut milk and a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!