After over a year working on my brand new cookbook Sweet & Savory Fat Bombs, I'm excited that it has just been released! Thanks to your amazing support and high volume of pre-orders, it's one of the best sellers in low-carb and paleo books on Amazon - thank you all so much! If you like my book, please, don't forget to leave a review on Amazon, it really makes a difference!
Looking back at my fat bomb cookbook project, creating and testing all the recipes was a lot of fun! I've created many fat bomb recipes, of which over a hundred made it to the book.
Everything came in handy as you can see on the photo below. Apart from my regular photography kit, I came up with some DIY improvements such as the kitchen string to hold one of the reflectors, the lettuce leaves to secure it in place, and a carrier bag filled with dumbbells for counterweight! :-)
Follow us 44.5k
Here's how my fridge and freezer looked like when while working on the book cover that required several sweet and savoury recipes for the cover photo. I hate wasting ingredients and luckily, I managed to give most of the fat bombs away. My friends didn't complain :-)
Here are some of the 100+ recipes you will find in my new cookbook:
- Basics: White Chocolate & Macadamia Butter, Spice Maple & Pecan Butter, Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter, Dark and White Chocolate
- Sweet Fat Bombs: Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles (using homemade "Nutella"), Cookie & Cream Truffles, Chocolate Cherry Coconut Bars, Cookie Dough Cups, Chocolate & Berry Cups, Salted-Caramel Chocolate Cups, White Chocolate & Macadamia Fudge, Maple & Pecan Fudge, Dulce de Leche Squares, Lemon & Green Tea Cups, Cinnamon Sun Squares, Candied Bacon & Pecan Bark, Blueberry & Coconut Bark
- Frozen Fat Bombs: Tiramisu Ice Bombs, Strawberry-Basil Ice Cups, Chocolate-Covered Coconut Ice Bombs, Vanilla-Keto Ice Cream, Dark Chocolate & Cherry Ice Bombs, Creamy Orange Ice Bombs
- Liquid Fat Bombs: Creamy Dark Hot Chocolate, Creamy Keto Coffee, Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie, Key Lime Smoothie
- Savory fat bombs: Ham & Cheese Fat Bombs, Bacon Artichoke & Onion Fat Bombs, Smoked Mackerel Pate Fat Bombs, Waldorf Salad Fat Bombs
Today, I'd like to share one of my favourites: Maple & Pecan Fudge. I also made a video for you and I hope you like it :-)
Follow us 6.6k
Nutritional values (per fat bomb)
|of which Saturated||5.4||grams|
|Magnesium||34||mg (9% RDA)|
|Potassium||118||mg (6% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2%), protein (4%), fat (94%)
Ingredients (makes 16 fat bombs)
Spiced Maple & Pecan Butter:
Maple & Pecan Fudge:
- Start by making the Spiced Maple & Pecan Butter. In a food processor, combine the pecans (or walnuts), vanilla, cinnamon, maple extract, and salt.
- Process until smooth for a few minutes. Use a spatula to scrape the mixture from the sides if needed.
- Add Erythritol and butter (or coconut oil).
- Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20-cm) parchment-lined pan, or a silicone pan. With a spatula, spread the dough evenly into the pan. Add roughly chopped pecans and mix in.
- Top with the remaining pecan halves. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours,
or until set.
- Be sure the fudge has set before slicing. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
To celebrate the arrival of my new cookbook, I'm giving away three copies of the Fat Bombs Book! Anyone can enter this giveaway - my cookbook can be shipped internationally! :-)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!