If you miss your morning porridge, this is the recipe you should try! As many of you requested, I'm sharing a quick low-carb breakfast meal that doesn't use eggs. Just like many other recipes on my blog, it uses chia seeds which are low in carbs and a great source of healthy fats.
Although I've tried other ingredients such as flaxmeal, I prefer the neutral taste of chia seeds. Adding flaked coconut and almonds give this porridge the right crunch and flavour. As you get used to low-carb eating, your palate will change and you won't be craving sweets. You can adjust the sweeteners in this recipe to suit your taste or skip them altogether. The main reason I use two sweeteners in most of my recipes is that a combination of more sweeteners mask the aftertaste of some of them.
Note: This meal is based on Faux keto oatmeal which is a recipe I've created for the KetoDiet App.
Allergy information for Quick Keto Oatmeal
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 11%, fat 83%
Total carbs15 gramsFiber10 gramsSugars2.3 gramsSaturated fat18.5 gramsSodium21 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium69 mg(17% RDA)Potassium311 mg(16% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- To bring in more flavour, toast the flaked coconut and almonds on a dry pan for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant while stirring. Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl: chia seeds, flaked almonds and coconut, shredded coconut and Erythritol. Keep some flaked coconut and almonds for topping. Add the coconut milk and water.
You can use hot or cold water depending on how you like to eat your oatmeal.
- Add vanilla extract, and optionally add stevia.
- Mix until well combined. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes (10-15 if using cold water).
- Optionally, top with fresh or frozen berries.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|0.8 g||3.2 g||5.1 g||82 kcal|
|Coconut, dried, desiccated, shredded (organic, unsweetened)|
|0.7 g||1.9 g||1.2 g||31 kcal|
|Almonds, nuts (flaked)|
|0.7 g||2.5 g||5.6 g||63 kcal|
|Coconut chips, unsweetened (dried, flaked coconut)|
|0.7 g||0.7 g||6.5 g||66 kcal|
|Vanilla Extract, homemade (KetoDiet blog)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Coconut milk (full-fat, unsweetened)|
|1.6 g||1.1 g||12.1 g||111 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Erythritol (natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0.5 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Stevia extract (SweetLeaf or NuNaturals, natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|5 g||9.4 g||30.4 g||360 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!