This keto porridge will warm your winter mornings and brighten up your days. It's filling, delicious and so good for you. Here are some of the benefits:
- Turmeric is an often underestimated spice that is a powerful adaptogen. This means that it gives our body the ability to adapt to environmental factors such as stress and toxins and protect against them.
- Bee pollen has anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties with several therapeutic applications.
- A great source of electrolytes. Just one serving of this keto porridge will provide almost 50% RDA of magnesium and 25% EMR of potassium. There is no tastier way of beating keto-flu!
If you miss your breakfast cereal, you may also like my Quick Keto Oatmeal and Allergy-Free Healthy Keto Cereal!
Substitutions and Tips
- You can use any healthy low-carb sweetener but I prefer the subtle sweetness of roasted almond butter and coconut without additional sweeteners.
- You can make this recipe nut-free by using sunflower seed butter or coconut butter instead of almond butter, sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts, and water instead of almond milk.
Serving size 1 bowl
Allergy information for Anti-Inflammatory Keto Golden Porridge
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 bowl)
Net carbs6 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 11%, fat 84%
Total carbs16 gramsFiber10 gramsSugars3.7 gramsSaturated fat17.9 gramsSodium57 mg(2% RDA)Magnesium200 mg(50% RDA)Potassium645 mg(32% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- Roughly chop the walnuts. Place the hemp seeds, chopped walnuts and flaked coconut into a hot pan and roast for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Toss a few times to prevent burning. When done, transfer the roasted mix into a bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, mix the coconut milk and almond milk and heat over a medium heat. Once hot (not boiling), take off the heat. Add the almond butter and coconut oil.
- Add chia seeds, turmeric powder, black pepper and Erythritol (optional). Mix until well combined and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Add half of the roasted mix from the bowl.
If using cinnamon or vanilla instead of bee pollen, mix it in with the turmeric powder.
- Spoon the porridge into serving bowls and top with the remaining roasted mix. Finally, sprinkle with bee pollen.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To keep the porridge crunchy, keep the roasted mix and bee pollen in a separate container at room temperature and add to the porridge just before serving.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 bowl)
|Hemp seeds, hearts (hulled, natural)|
|0.3 g||3.5 g||5 g||60 kcal|
|0.9 g||1.9 g||8.2 g||82 kcal|
|Coconut chips, unsweetened (dried, flaked coconut)|
|0.6 g||0.5 g||4.8 g||50 kcal|
|0.4 g||1.6 g||2.6 g||41 kcal|
|Almond milk natural (unsweetened)|
|0.4 g||0.5 g||1.1 g||13 kcal|
|Coconut milk (full-fat, unsweetened)|
|0.8 g||0.6 g||6 g||56 kcal|
|Almond butter (organic, unsweetened)|
|2 g||5.9 g||15.6 g||208 kcal|
|Coconut oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||6.7 g||61 kcal|
|Turmeric, spices (dried, ground)|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Bee pollen, organic|
|0.6 g||0.4 g||0.1 g||5 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 bowl|
|6 g||14.8 g||50.2 g||575 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!