Have you tried turmeric milk yet? I've been making turmeric milk for many years, even before I went keto. Back then I used to drink it with honey which I now skip or substitute with stevia or Erythritol.
So what is golden milk? Turmeric, which is the main ingredient, gives this milk the vibrant golden colour and is responsible for its several health benefits. Turmeric is a powerful adaptogen and just like ginseng, green tea, maca or ashwagandha, it can help improve your health in several ways. Some of the beneficial effects of turmeric are:
- Curcumin, that gives turmeric its vibrant colour, has anti-inflammatory effects. Inflammation is the main cause of heart disease and a contributor to many common Western diseases.
- It has antioxidant properties protecting our body from free radical damage
- Can help prevent and even treat cancer
- Immune boosting properties (it's perfect for this time of year!)
- Helps relieve muscle pain
- Improves digestion
- Has anti-stress and anti-ageing effects
- Is beneficial for endocrine and neuroendocrine systems. It can improve autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto's or rheumatoid arthritis.
I don't think that golden milk is to everyone's taste - some say it's an acquired taste - but I totally love it. It's great any time of the year, both iced and hot. Turmeric in now in season and I'll be sharing even more recipes using this amazing herb so stay tuned :-)
1,500+ delicious keto recipes
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Planner & tracker
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
And so much more...!
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Serving size 1 cup
Allergy information for Keto Golden Turmeric Milk
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Avocado free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 cup)
Net carbs4.7 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 5%, fat 88%
Total carbs5.5 gramsFiber0.8 gramsSugars0.6 gramsSaturated fat21.5 gramsSodium75 mg(3% RDA)Magnesium67 mg(17% RDA)Potassium452 mg(23% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 regular or 8 small servings)
Note: a regular serving is 1 cup, a small serving is 1/2 cup.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!