Craving a warm and toasty English muffin while sticking to your keto lifestyle? Look no further than our Quick Keto English Muffin recipe!
Made in just a few minutes using a microwave, this gluten-free delight can be toasted to perfection just like regular English muffins. With only a handful of simple ingredients, including almond flour, coconut flour, and psyllium husk powder, you can enjoy a fluffy and satisfying keto-friendly breakfast or snack.
Let's dive into this easy-to-make recipe and elevate your mornings to a whole new level!
Can't eat eggs? I've got you covered - make this Quick Keto Eggless English Muffin instead!
Don't waste the yolk! Use it to make Hollandaise Sauce, Garlic Mayonnaise or Lemon Curd!
Want to make these as part of your meal prep routine? This recipe is easy to scale up! Simply make 4-8 servings at once by combining everything in a mixing bowl, then add the wet ingredients. Use a hand whisk or an electric mixer to combine. Transfer into individual ramekins or a large muffin pan. Bake the muffins in the oven preheated to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional) for 15-20 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
Wondering which toppings to serve with your Keto English Muffin? Here are some tasty suggestions!
- goat's cheese topped with smoked salmon or ham
- cream cheese plus ham and/or cheese slices
- fried egg, avocado, bacon, cheddar
- mashed avocado with a dash of lime juice
- butter and sugar-free jam (here we used Blueberry Chia Jam)
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size 1 muffin, no toppings
Allergy information for Quick Keto English Muffin
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 muffin, no toppings)
Net carbs4.1 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 22%, fat 69%
Total carbs9.9 gramsFiber5.8 gramsSugars2 gramsSaturated fat2.2 gramsSodium527 mg(23% RDA)Magnesium80 mg(20% RDA)Potassium301 mg(15% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 muffin)
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk. Reserve the yolk for another recipe.
- In a small ramekin or a mug, all of the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium powder, baking powder and salt).
- Add the wet ingredients (egg white plus almond milk or water) and mix until well combined and a dough forms. Microwave for 1 minute, repeat in 30 second increments until firm (2-3 minutes).
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don't have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 servings at once. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional) and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
- Use a spatula to loosen the edges and invert. Slice in half and toast if desired.
- Serve immediately with some butter and berry jam (here we used Blueberry Chia Jam), or with cream cheese and other savory toppings such as smoked salmon, ham or cheese.
- Store at room temperature in a container loosely covered with a lid for 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 muffin, no toppings)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!