Do you like chia seeds? I love making all sorts of low-carb cereals, porridges and puddings using chia seeds. Here is why you should give them a try:
- they are very low in net carbs (almost all carbs in chia seeds are fibre). Are you counting total carbs? This post explains whether you should be counting total or net carbs.
- great source of protein - use just like whey protein in smoothies!
- great source of omega 3 fatty acids
- high level of fibre and protein will help you stay sated for longer and you will naturally eat less.
- very high in micronutrients (calcium , magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, etc.) and low in calories.
Here are even more recipes from my blog with chia seeds.
1,500+ delicious keto recipes
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Planner & tracker
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
And so much more...!
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Note: The main reason I use two sweeteners in most of my recipes is that a combination of more sweeteners mask the aftertaste / bitterness of some of them. If the pudding is too thick, add 2-4 tbsp of water or almond milk.
Serving size 1 jar
Allergy information for Low-Carb Berry Chia Pudding
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 jar)
Net carbs5.4 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 13%, fat 79%
Total carbs18.9 gramsFiber13.5 gramsSugars2.1 gramsSaturated fat11.7 gramsSodium19 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium36 mg(9% RDA)Potassium231 mg(12% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!