How many times has someone peered over the top of their glasses at you and stated that coffee is not a meal? It is now!
These whipped low-carb chia puddings are flavoured like a delicious cappuccino but are healthy and satisfying.
I used unsweetened macadamia milk, because it’s my favourite nut milk and I find that its natural sweetness lends itself perfectly to this recipe, but feel free to use almond milk or cashew milk if you prefer. The best thing about this keto chai pudding is that it is ready in an hour, not overnight. Enjoy!
Tips & substitutions
- This treat can be made sweetener-free if you prefer to skip all sweeteners.
- For a nut-free option, use any seed milk (poppy seed and sunflower seed milk are great options). Here's a simple guide on how to make your own nut and seed milk. Alternatively, you could use coconut cream or heavy whipping cream mixed with water (adjust for the extra fat).
- For extra flavour, fats and protein, add 3-4 tablespoons of almond butter or any nut butter into the liquid ingredients and blend until creamy.
Serving size 1 small jar
Allergy information for Easy Cappuccino Macadamia Chia Pudding
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 small jar)
Net carbs2.4 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 19%, fat 73%
Total carbs11.7 gramsFiber9.4 gramsSugars0.6 gramsSaturated fat0.9 gramsSodium69 mg(3% RDA)Magnesium16 mg(4% RDA)Potassium249 mg(12% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 2/3 cup chia seeds (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp unsweetened macadamia milk or almond milk (510 ml/ 17 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 4 tbsp Swerve or Erythritol (40 g/ 1.4 oz) or stevia drops to taste
- Optional: add 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder for a mocha flavour!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!