At the heart of the idea for these low-carb parfaits was simplicity. I wanted something that looked a little bit fancy, but without too much effort involved. The chia pudding can be prepared the night before, and the crumble is left raw so that it can be thrown together in seconds.
These breakfast chia jars are also nut-free and can be made dairy-free by swapping the yogurt for coconut yogurt or coconut cream.
Despite the lack of effort, these parfaits are bursting with flavour and texture. If you wanted to mix things up a bit though, you could easily swap out the thawed berries for chia jam, or swap the raw crumble for toasted keto granola.
Note: Sweetener can be omitted (use to taste). You can make your own coconut cream from coconut milk in a few easy steps (follow my guide here).
Allergy information for Low-Carb Chia Berry Yogurt Parfaits
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs7.6 grams
Calories from carbs 10%, protein 16%, fat 74%
Total carbs15.3 gramsFiber7.6 gramsSugars5.2 gramsSaturated fat14.9 gramsSodium31 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium64 mg(16% RDA)Potassium411 mg(21% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Berry & yogurt layer:
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup full-fat Greek or coconut yoghurt or cream (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
Coconut & seed crumble:
- To make the chia pudding layer, combine all of the ingredients into a jar, and stir or shake to combine. Leave for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- To prepare the berries, defrost and crush together with a fork to form a paste.
- To prepare the crumble, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To prepare the parfaits, layer the chia pudding, crumble, crushed berries and yoghurt.
- These parfaits taste best served straight away, although the individual components can be made in advance ready for serving. You can make the parfaits in advance without the crumble and then add the crumble as topping just before serving.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|0.6 g||2.5 g||4.1 g||65 kcal|
|Vanilla extract, powder (vanilla bean)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Coconut cream, creamed coconut milk (organic, unsweetened)|
|1.3 g||1.1 g||10.4 g||99 kcal|
|Erythritol (natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Coconut chips, unsweetened (dried, flaked coconut)|
|0.4 g||0.3 g||3.2 g||33 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.9 g||2.3 g||26 kcal|
|Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)|
|0.2 g||1.2 g||2 g||23 kcal|
|Berries, mixed, frozen (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries & blueberries)|
|2 g||0.4 g||0.1 g||13 kcal|
|Yogurt, plain (full-fat, Greek style, 5% fat)|
|2.4 g||5.6 g||3.1 g||60 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|7.6 g||12.1 g||25.1 g||319 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!