This hot chocolate is incredibly delicious, creamy, chocolatey and satisfying! It's a real treat for all chocolate lovers, especially those of us who adore dark chocolate. It's the perfect holiday drink to enjoy with your friends and family.
The two main ingredients that make this liquid fat bomb super creamy are unsweetened chocolate (aka cacao paste) and almond butter. I used roasted almond butter to enhance the flavour.
Follow us 14.1k
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||17.1||grams|
|Magnesium||84||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||685||mg (34% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (9%), fat (84%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
Notes: you can use raw or roasted almond butter. I prefer roasted as it enhances the flavour. Instead of unsweetened chocolate, you can use 85% dark chocolate or 90% dark chocolate and skip the sweetener.
- Place the almond milk, cream, erythritol and cinnamon into a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over a high heat (the milk will start to foam). Than, take off the heat.
- Add the unsweetened chocolate and almond butter (plus any of the suggested extras if desired). Whisk while they are melting to combine.
- Use an immersion blender and pulse until creamy and frothy.
- Serve and optionally top with whipped cream and more cinnamon.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!