Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Do you want to make a super special dinner for your loved one, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? This is the dish for you.
Sumptuous curls of shrimp are bathed in a rich, garlicky sauce and then nestled on a bed of welcoming zucchini noodles.
What? Garlic? On Valentine’s Day? I hear you cry.
It’s not a problem if both of you eat it, and trust me, you’re both going to want to eat this. Light some candles, turn the music on low. And I dare you to nibble a noodle from both ends, Lady and the Tramp style. Enjoy!
Allergy information for Creamy Keto Garlic Shrimp For Two
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs7.8 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 15%, fat 80%
Total carbs9 gramsFiber1.2 gramsSugars5.9 gramsSaturated fat32.9 gramsSodium925 mg(40% RDA)Magnesium59 mg(15% RDA)Potassium606 mg(30% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 250 g shrimp, fresh or frozen (8.8 oz)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 4 tsp minced garlic, or less to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable stock (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (180 ml/ 6 fl oz)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1 tbsp chopped dill or parsley
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Spiralize your zucchini and let it drain in a colander over the sink while you prepare the shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then sear over high heat until pink, 1-2 minutes per side depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and sit to one side.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in the same pan and then add garlic. Cook gently for a minute or so until it is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the cream and cream cheese and cook until they are all combined, stirring constantly.
- Toss the zoodles through the sauce and then add the shrimp.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped dill. Serve hot, with a kiss. Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||6.8 g||60 kcal|
|Prawns, shrimp (raw, peeled)|
|0.5 g||18 g||1 g||83 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0.1 g||5.8 g||51 kcal|
|1.7 g||0.4 g||0 g||8 kcal|
|Chicken stock (broth), chicken only, homemade|
|0 g||1.2 g||1.2 g||16 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|2.3 g||1.7 g||34.2 g||329 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|1 g||2.1 g||8.4 g||74 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Zucchini (summer squash, courgette)|
|2.1 g||1.2 g||0.3 g||17 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|7.8 g||24.7 g||57.7 g||638 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!