This keto friendly Kale Caesar Salad with low-carb croutons is one of my go-to weekly lunch options! It’s super simple to whip up and all of the components keep really well for the entire week. When lunch comes around all I have to do is grab a few handfuls of kale and toss with a little dressing, a few croutons, a sprinkle of cheese and whatever protein I have on hand that’s easy and quick to throw on top.
The croutons are made with this Keto Focaccia Bread recipe that comes together in one bowl and in less than 30 minutes. If you have the ability to make the bread a few days ahead of needing to make croutons then they will be even crispier since the bread will have a few days to dry out. Old bread = amazing croutons!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||7.8||grams|
|Magnesium||24||mg (6% RDA)|
|Potassium||272||mg (14% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (11%), fat (84%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Note: Traditional Worcestershire sauce contains sugar (in small amounts this will have a minimal effect). If you want to avoid it, here's a good homemade paleo friendly Worcestershire sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Start by making the keto focaccia without any toppings.
- Once baked cut the loaf into crouton sized cubes. Toss the cubes with the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes flipping once or twice until crisp.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar.
- Shake until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Toss the kale with the dressing and top with croutons and extra cheese if desired. Serve.
- If not served immediately, keep the kale, dressing, croutons and shaved Parmesan separately in the fridge for up to a week and assemble before serving.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!