I’m one of those weird people who actually loves kale. I’d rather eat kale than lettuce in most dishes.
And why not? Kale is one of the original superfoods, and with good reason. It’s packed full of vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
This kale-slaw is a great way to incorporate it into your family’s meals. It’s a side dish that is bursting with colour, flavour and crunch with just a hint of tanginess from the dressing. Serve it alongside a lovely steak or pop it in some tacos, it’s very versatile. Healthy, fresh and pretty too, it’s bound to become a favourite.
Serving size about 1 1/4 cups
Allergy information for Tangy Low-Carb Kale Slaw
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 1/4 cups)
Net carbs3.5 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 9%, fat 82%
Total carbs6 gramsFiber2.5 gramsSugars2.5 gramsSaturated fat2 gramsSodium67 mg(3% RDA)Magnesium66 mg(16% RDA)Potassium315 mg(16% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 1 bunch of kale (170 g/ 6 oz) - I use dark leaf Cavolo Nero, or Tuscan Kale
- 2 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded green cabbage (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, aka pepitas (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (73 g/ 2.6 oz) - you can make your own
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, or to taste
- salt and pepper if desired
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!