I personally love kale chips but not everybody is as keen. You will either love or hate them, I think they are delicious!
It's not difficult to make kale chips. However, I was struggling when baking them, as they got burned a couple of times. I figured out you have to dehydrate them to make them crispy without burning.
Apart from parmesan, try some of the following toppings:
- Basic kale crisps (salt, 1-2 tbsp olive oil)
- Cinnamon-spiced kale crisps (1 tsp cinnamon, 1-2 tbsp Erythritol, 1-2 tbsp melted coconut oil)
- Garlic kale crisps (1 tbs garlic powder or 2 cloves mashed garlic, salt, 1-2 tbsp olive oil)
- Salt & vinegar kale crisps (1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt, 1-2 tbsp olive oil)
Serving size about 1 cup
Allergy information for Low-Carb Parmesan Kale Chips
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 cup)
Net carbs2.1 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 14%, fat 78%
Total carbs3.1 gramsFiber1 gramsSugars0.7 gramsSaturated fat2.2 gramsSodium171 mg(7% RDA)Magnesium12 mg(3% RDA)Potassium121 mg(6% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 bunch of kale (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or other Italian hard cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- salt to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!