I love Caesar salad and have created several variations using different ingredients. This recipe uses duck breasts and grain-free croutons. A more traditional version using crispy chicken can be found in my App and yet another served in a cheese bowl is included in The KetoDiet Cookbook which will be out this November and is already available to preorder.
The Chia Seed Croutons are optional but highly recommended - you won't even tell they are grain-free! Once you bake and cut them into pieces, place them back in the oven and see the magic happen - they get really crispy :-) This amazing recipe was created by Leanne of Healthful Pursuit. If you are looking for some of the best grain-free, paleo and keto recipes, you should really check out Leanne's blog.
Allergy information for Duck Caesar Salad with Low-Carb Croutons
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs4.1 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 21%, fat 77%
Total carbs8.4 gramsFiber4.4 gramsSugars2.8 gramsSaturated fat22.7 gramsSodium1,074 mg(47% RDA)Magnesium62 mg(15% RDA)Potassium786 mg(39% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 average duck breasts or chicken breasts (400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 8 regular slices bacon (120 g / 4.2 oz, about 64 g / 2.2 oz after crisping up)
- 4 heads Romaine or other green lettuce (800 g / 1.76 lb)
- 8 tbsp Fat-burning Salad Dressing (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese flakes (110 g)
- salt and pepper to taste (I like pink Himalayan rock salt)
- Optional: 8 anchovies (32 g / 1.1 oz) - no additional carbs
- Optional but highly recommended: Chia Seed Croutons, recipe makes about 8 servings, + 0.7 g net carbs per serving
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!