Have you ever wondered why Starbucks coffee is so addictive? It's the amount of added sugar and other unhealthy ingredients that make you crave it more. Did you know that their gigantic Venti Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino contains a whopping 98 grams of carbs and over 600 calories? And these are "empty" calories that won't provide anything beneficial, apart from more visceral fat stored in your tummy.
My pumpkin spice latte in noting like the one from Starbucks. It's high in healthy fats, low in carbs, full of flavour and keto friendly. The extra turmeric takes the health benefits of this latte to the next level. The pumpkin and spices add a subtle sweetness and if you prefer sweetener-free coffee like I do, you won't need to add any. To transform it to a complete meal, simply add some collagen powder which will provide extra protein and keep hunger at bay.
You may also like: Low-Carb Starbucks Pink Drink.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||35||grams|
|Magnesium||62||mg (16% RDA)|
|Potassium||370||mg (19% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (3%), fat (92%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- Not a fan of coconut milk? Instead of 1 cup of coconut milk, you can use ½ cup heavy whipping cream plus ½ cup of water or unsweetened almond milk.
- Not sweet enough? If you just started following a low-carb diet, then you may find some recipes not sweet enough. You can add a few extra drops of stevia or a little more erythritol or Swerve to suit your palate.
- Avoiding caffeine? If you're using decaf coffee, opt for naturally caffeine-free chicory coffee or Swiss water process decaf coffee which is chemical-free.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the coconut milk until bubbles appear on the top. Prepare the coffee. Place all the ingredients in a blender: hot coffee, coconut milk, ...
- ... pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla powder, turmeric powder, black pepper and MCT oil.
- Blend until smooth and frothy. Optionally, add collagen and low-carb sweetener to taste, and blend once more.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!