This deliciously creamy coffee beverage is based on my Creamy Keto Coffee but this time with a warming fall twist.
It tastes like pumpkin spice latte but it's thicker, creamier and way healthier than its Starbuck's alternative. We're using egg yolks and collagen, both of which make this beverage nutritious and satisfying to replace a full breakfast meal.
Don't worry, the egg yolks won't scramble. In fact, they will make this drink incredibly smooth and creamy, almost like drinkable pumpkin spiced custard! And if you want to take this recipe to the next level, simply add some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Are you avoiding caffeine? Instead of regular coffee, you can use Swiss water process decaf coffee, black tea or even your favourite herbal tea.
We're using gut-healing collagen for extra protein. You can add another tablespoon or two for a more satisfying drink. Make sure you use collagen powder (hydrolyzed gelatin) and not regular gelatin, as regular gelatin will clump like glue.
If you prefer your coffee less creamy, closer to a classic latte, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup (60-120 ml) of hot unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk.
Want to make your own pumpkin spice? For my non-US readers, here's a DIY Pumpkin Spice Mix in case you can't find it in your grocery store. It's easy!
We're using raw egg yolks so make sure you're using pasteurized eggs. (This should be the case for all grocery store eggs but make sure you check your local regulations.) To pasteurize eggs at home, simply pour enough water in a saucepan to cover the eggs. Heat to about 60 °C/ 140 °F. Using a spoon, slowly place the eggs into the saucepan. Keep the eggs in the water for about 3 minutes. This should be enough to pasteurize the eggs and kill any potential bacteria. Let the eggs cool down and store in the fridge for 6-8 weeks.
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size serving (1 coffee
Allergy information for Keto Pumpkin Spice Egg Coffee
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, serving (1 coffee)
Net carbs5.3 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 20%, fat 73%
Total carbs6.8 gramsFiber1.4 gramsSugars2.9 gramsSaturated fat12.2 gramsSodium56 mg(2% RDA)Magnesium23 mg(6% RDA)Potassium280 mg(14% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp collagen powder (7 g/ 0.3 oz)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp Erythritol, Swerve or Allulose, or any low-carb sweetener, to taste (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- Optional: 1/2 cup hot unsweetened almond milk for a latte (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- Optional: whipped cream and cinnamon on top
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender. (For a dairy-free option, use coconut milk or cream instead of dairy cream.)
- Blend until smooth and frothy, for 15 to 20 seconds. If needed, add more pumpkin pie spice and/or sweetener. Optionally, if you don't want your coffee too thick and creamy, you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup (60 ml to 120 ml) of hot almond milk.
- Serve sprinkled with a good pinch of cinnamon or add some whipped cream on top and sprinkle it with cinnamon (or grated dark chocolate). Serve immediately.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, serving (1 coffee)
|Coffee (prepared), liquid|
|0 g||0.3 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Egg, yolk, raw, fresh|
|1.8 g||8.1 g||13.5 g||164 kcal|
|Pumpkin purée, unsweetened, canned or homemade|
|2.1 g||0.4 g||0.1 g||14 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.8 g||0.6 g||11.4 g||110 kcal|
|Gelatin powder, hydrolyzed (collagen)|
|0 g||6 g||0 g||23 kcal|
|Pumpkin spice mix, or gingerbread spice mix (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice)|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Erythritol (natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0.5 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Total per serving, serving (1 coffee|
|5.3 g||15.4 g||25.1 g||316 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!