The ultimate Christmas party food now made keto friendly. These smoked salmon and cream cheese low-carb blinis make the perfect pre-dinner appetiser. The blinis so light and fluffy, you’d fool any grain eating relative into thinking these were the real deal!
These low carb blinis are definitely going back on my Christmas list this year. Will they be on yours too? So easy to make and super quick leaving you more time to enjoy the festivities with your loved ones this year.
Nutritional values (per serving, 4 blinis)
|of which Saturated||8.6||grams|
|Magnesium||54||mg (14% RDA)|
|Potassium||245||mg (12% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (21%), fat (75%)
Ingredients (makes 16 blinis)
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Place the egg yolks, melted butter and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Gently whisk using a hand whisk until combined.
- Fold in the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the egg whites in a high speed mixer using the whisk blade until light and fluffy.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter until combined. Don’t over beat or this will flatten the blinis.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan until the base is coated. Spoon a heaped teaspoon per blini into the pan and fry on a low heat for about 50 seconds per side until golden. Flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat the above step until all the batter is used up (you should be able to make 16 blinis).
- Once cooked, place on a sheet of kitchen paper to cool. Top each blini with a little cream cheese, smoked salmon, 2 - 3 capers, dill and a tiny sprinkle of cracked black pepper. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!