We’re making sushi keto style with these salmon sushi pinwheels that are an awesome snack, appetizer, party food, or light meal!
To skip the rice and seaweed wrapper we’re going straight for the healthy smoked salmon as the wrapper, how cool is that?!
You’ll need just a bit of lead time since these need to be chilled for an hour before slicing to make sure that they retain their shape but other than that the hands-on time is minimal.
What is Furikake?
Furikake is a Japanese seasoning mix. Typically it contains a mixture of sesame seeds, dried fish, finely chopped seaweed and salt but it may also contain sugar and MSGs. If you can't find suitable low-carb option, simply use half sesame seeds and half dried seaweed such as nori, kelp, dulse or wakame flakes.
Serving size 6 roll-ups
Allergy information for Keto Sushi Smoked Salmon Roll-Ups
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 6 roll-ups)
Net carbs3.7 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 27%, fat 70%
Total carbs8.3 gramsFiber4.6 gramsSugars2.5 gramsSaturated fat14.5 gramsSodium1,512 mg(66% RDA)Magnesium117 mg(29% RDA)Potassium1,685 mg(84% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 225 g smoked salmon (8 oz)
- 115 g cream cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 medium cucumber, julienned (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free furikake or sesame seeds or dried seaweed flakes
- Optional: serve with coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- Lay down a sheet of plastic wrap. Arrange the salmon on top slightly overlapping in a rectangle about 12 cm/ 5" wide and 25 cm/ 10" long.
- With the long side facing you spread the cream cheese over the salmon about 1.5 cm/ 1/2" from the edge. Layer on the cucumber and avocado, sprinkle with furikake.
- Use the plastic as a guide to roll up the salmon into a tight roll.
- Refrigerate one hour, and then slice into 12 slices. Serve 6 as a light lunch and 3 as an appetizer.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 6 roll-ups)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!