This sugar-free mulled wine berry chia jam is a great addition to your festive menu. It's easy to make and infused with bold flavours of the Holiday season: cinnamon, anise, cloves, vanilla, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cardamom and orange.
After years of trying different chia jams, this one is my absolute favourite. The combination of spiced mulled wine and berries is beyond delicious. I used frozen berries which are easy to find any time of the year. All berries will work but I strongly recommend you used some cherries which are best with mulled wine.
Serve 2-4 tablespoons on top of full-fat yogurt, sour cream, coconut yogurt, keto ice-cream, or use as filling in any keto pie crust.
Follow us 15.3k
Nutritional values (per tbsp/ 20 g/ 0.7 oz)
|of which Saturated||0||grams|
|Magnesium||2||mg (1% RDA)|
|Potassium||19||mg (1% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (54%), protein (15%), fat (31%)
Ingredients (makes ~ 900 g/ 2 lb)
- Sweetener can be used to taste. Here's a list of suitable low-carb sweeteners.
- Nutrition facts are estimated - some ingredients are used for infusing. Also, some of the alcohol will be "cooked out".
- Pour the wine in a sauce pan. Add the nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean (split lenghtwise), ginger slices, and peel from half of an organic orange.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered over a medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes. Then turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Set aside to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain into another sauce pan and return to the heat.
- Add the Erythritol and berries.
- Cook over a medium heat until it starts to boil (this will take 10-15 minutes).
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the chia seeds.
- Mix with a spatula and set aside for 20-30 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gel and soak up the juices.
- Transfer to a jar. Keep sealed and refrigerated for up to a week, or freeze in an ice cube tray for up to 6 months.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!