This low-carb mulled wine is the perfect festive drink for winter. With notes of spices like cloves, cinnamon, and star anise, along with oranges you’ll want to sip this concoction all winter long.
To keep this cocktail on the keto side we’re using a little powdered Swerve that sweetens up the dry wine but doesn't add carbs and sugar. Just be sure to watch your serving size as each glass is about 5g of net carbs.
1,500+ delicious keto recipes
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Planner & tracker
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
And so much more...!
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Tips and Substitutions
- Sweetener can be used to taste. Here's a list of suitable low-carb sweeteners.
- Nutrition facts are estimated - they do not include ingredients that are used for infusing.
- Some of the alcohol will be "cooked out" resulting in fewer calories. If you are trying to cut down on alcohol, add 1/2 to 1 cup of water and simmer it on a very low heat for up to 45 minutes. This way you will significantly reduce the alcohol content, leaving the amazing flavour intact.
Serving size ~ 150 ml/ 5 fl oz
Allergy information for Low-Carb Mulled Wine
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, ~ 150 ml/ 5 fl oz)
Net carbs4.3 grams
Calories from carbs 98%, protein 2%, fat 0%
Total carbs4.3 gramsFiber0 gramsSugars0.5 gramsSaturated fat0 gramsSodium0 mg(0% RDA)Magnesium0 mg(0% RDA)Potassium0 mg(0% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 5 servings)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine (merlot works best)
- 1/2 orange, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cranberries (25 g/ 0.9 oz)
- 8 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise pods
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (53 g/ 1.9 oz)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!