Today I'd like to share a recipe from my Fat Bombs Book! This keto Nutella is the perfect high-fat treat for your ketogenic diet. It's dairy-free, sugar-free and won't spike your blood sugar.
I personally prefer the taste to be less "hazelnutty", and for that reason I additionally used almonds and macadamias. Besides, macadamia nuts are high in heart-healthy MUFA!
Enjoy this chocolate & hazelnut delight just like you would Nutella! Spread on a slice of low-carb bread, keto pancakes or waffles. And it's ideal for making fat bombs such as truffles, and even creamy low-carb smoothies.
Follow us 17.8k
Note for KetoDiet App users: This ingredient (chocolate hazelnut spread) will be added to the KetoDiet database as a new ingredient in an upcoming update. You can ten use it to create custom meals.
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 tbsp/ 32 g/ 1.1 oz)
|of which Saturated||4.2||grams|
|Magnesium||56||mg (14% RDA)|
|Potassium||181||mg (9% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (8%), fat (86%)
Ingredients (makes about 2 cups/ 500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F/190 °C. Spread the hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, and almonds on a baking tray and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
If using whole unpeeled hazelnuts: Once roasted and cooled, rub the hazelnuts together in your hands to remove the skins. This makes the butter smooth and avoids the bitter taste imparted by the skins.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with coconut oil in a water bath. Place a bowl over a pot with boiling water and let the chocolate melt while stirring. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the nuts into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, coconut oil, powdered erythritol, cacao powder and vanilla powder. Pulse until smooth. If you’re using coconut milk, slowly drizzle it to the processor while blending (to prevent the chocolate from splitting, use warm coconut milk or cream).
- Pour into a jar and let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 3 months (or up to 1 week if you're using cream or coconut milk).
Enjoy just like you would Nutella!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!