Stuffed avocados are great for everyone with a busy lifestyle. They are nutritious, low in carbs and ready in just a few minutes! I included several recipes with stuffed avocados in the KetoDiet App, the KetoDiet Cookbook and there are more on my blog. Which stuffing is your favourite? :-)
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||8.8||grams|
|Magnesium||78||mg (19% RDA)|
|Potassium||1036||mg (52% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (22%), fat (74%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 extra large or 2 medium avocados, seed removed (300 g / 10.6 oz)
- 1 ½ cup chicken, cooked (210 g / 7.4 oz)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (you can make your own) (58 g / 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp sour cream or cream cheese or more mayo for dairy-free (24 g / 0.8 oz)
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste (I used pink Himalayan)
Notes: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Cut or shred the cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, thyme, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper...
- ... lemon juice and season with salt to taste.
- Combine well. Scoop the middle of the avocado out leaving ½ - 1 inch of the avocado flesh. Cut the scooped avocado into small pieces. Place the chopped avocado into the bowl with the chicken and mix until well combined. Fill each avocado half with the chicken & avocado mixture and enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!