This keto fish salad is one of my grab & go favourites. It's great for anyone with a busy lifestyle looking for a sating and nutritious low-carb meal they can take to work.
I always have hard-boiled eggs and keto-friendly mayo in my fridge. This way I save time and money and avoid temptations. If you want to succeed with your healthy low-carb eating, you should plan your cooking at least a few days in advance.
To avoid unhealthy vegetable oils that may often be used in tuna products, get tuna in extra virgin olive oil or in brine. I avoid buying canned foods and get tuna in glass jars instead. This will minimise your exposure to toxic BPAs that may often be present in canned foods.
Allergy information for Simple Keto Tuna Salad
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs3.9 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 26%, fat 72%
Total carbs5.4 gramsFiber1.5 gramsSugars1.8 gramsSaturated fat8.8 gramsSodium741 mg(32% RDA)Magnesium63 mg(16% RDA)Potassium655 mg(33% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 small head lettuce such as Little Gem (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 140 g tinned tuna, drained (5 oz)
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp paleo mayonnaise (30 g/ 1.1 oz) - you can make your own mayo
- 1 medium spring onion or chives (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- sea salt, to taste
- Tear the leaves of the lettuce, wash and drain in a salad spinner or with a paper towel. Spread the leaves over the bottom of the serving bowl.
- Add drained and shredded tuna.
- Top with hard-boiled eggs (see instructions in this recipe to see how to hard-boil eggs), mayo mixed with lemon juice and freshly chopped spring onion.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy! This salad can be stored in the fridge for up to a day.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Lettuce (Little Gem), fresh|
|1.5 g||0.6 g||0.4 g||12 kcal|
|Tuna, tinned (in brine), drained|
|0 g||27.6 g||1.4 g||122 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.7 g||12.6 g||9.5 g||143 kcal|
|0.2 g||0.3 g||24.9 g||223 kcal|
|Spring onion, scallion, green onion, fresh|
|0.7 g||0.3 g||0 g||5 kcal|
|Lemon (juice), fresh|
|0.8 g||0 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||13.5 g||119 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|3.9 g||41.4 g||49.7 g||626 kcal|
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!