Today I'm sharing one of my favourite low-carb salads. The traditional version is made with tomatoes, avocado and olives and I've added a small twist by using my homemade pesto sauce.
Tomatoes are technically a fruit but are relatively low in carbs. If used moderately like in this recipe, they can be included in a low-carb diet. A full serving of this delicious salad is enough for lunch while half a serving is great as a side with meat, especially chicken and fish.
This recipe makes 2 regular servings (served as mains) or 4 smaller servings (served as sides).
Allergy information for Classic Tricolore Salad
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs8.6 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 14%, fat 80%
Total carbs17.7 gramsFiber9 gramsSugars5.5 gramsSaturated fat12.2 gramsSodium514 mg(22% RDA)Magnesium70 mg(18% RDA)Potassium942 mg(47% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 3-4 medium tomatoes (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 1 large avocado (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 6-8 olives, kalamata or any other type (18 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 125 g mozzarella di Bufala or fresh cow's milk mozzarella (4.4 oz)
- 2 tbsp pesto (you can make your own) (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- salt, pepper, fresh basil for garnish if desired
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!