Recipe originally shared by my friend Elviira at Low Carb, So Simple.
Studded avocados are the best! They are a light and refreshing lunch for those days you don't feel like eating meat. The filling is inspired by my mum's recipe for celeriac spread which is commonly served on top of bread back home. I always loved the subtle sweetness of celery root combined with homemade mayo and zingy lemon. In my version, I skipped the carrot and used nutritious avocados instead of bread.
Instead of mayo, you can substitute the same amount of cream cheese or for vegan keto meal, use healthy oils such as avocado, macadamia, or extra virgin olive oil.
Here are even more recipes from the KetoDiet Cookbook:
Serving size 2 avocado halves
Allergy information for Vegetarian Celeriac Salad Stuffed Avocado
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 avocado halves)
Net carbs8.9 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 4%, fat 89%
Total carbs23.8 gramsFiber14.9 gramsSugars3 gramsSaturated fat7.8 gramsSodium206 mg(9% RDA)Magnesium60 mg(15% RDA)Potassium1,118 mg(56% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 small celeriac (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 2 large avocados, halved (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (30 ml)
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 tbsp paleo mayonnaise (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel the celeriac. Using a grater with the smallest holes, finely grate the celeriac into a bowl.
- Leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch (1/2 to 1 cm) layer of avocado along the insides of the skins, scoop the middle of the avocado halves out into a bowl with the celeriac.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper and combine.
- Fill the avocado halves with the mixture and enjoy!
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 avocado halves)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!