I'm a big fan of savoury fat bombs! I've explained how to incorporate fat bombs in your diet in my post here. Don't get me wrong, I like their sweet version too and have even created several recipes myself. However, I think that savoury fat bombs are simply better, as they are more sating and don't seem to trigger cravings.
Nutritional values (per serving / 1 piece)
|of which Saturated||7.6||grams|
|Magnesium and Potassium||trace|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (0.3%), protein (10.7%), fat (89%).
Ingredients (makes 6 servings / fat bombs)
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don't overlap. Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown. The time depends on the thickness of the bacon slices. When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
I made a double batch of the fat bombs and used them as party snacks!
- Boil the eggs. Fill a small saucepan with water up to three quarters. Add a good pinch of salt. This will prevent the eggs from cracking. Bring to a boil. Using a spoon or hand, dip each egg in and out of the boiling water - be careful not to get burnt. This will prevent the egg from cracking as the temperature change won't be so dramatic. To get the eggs hard-boiled, you need round 10 minutes. This timing works for large eggs. When done, remove from the heat and place in a bowl filled with cold water. I like love and always use this egg timer! When chilled, peel off the shells.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add the peeled and quartered eggs. Mash with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Pour in the bacon grease and combine well. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until it's solid and easy to form fat bombs.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for "breading." Remove the egg mixture from the fridge and start creating 6 balls. You can use a spoon or an ice-cream scooper. Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge.
Enjoy by itself or with my Ultimate Keto Buns. Eat immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Also, make sure you check out my Bacon & Guacamole Fat bombs!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!