Follow us 148.4k
Bacon lovers, this one is for you! Today I'm sharing a step-by-step guide to the perfect Bacon Twists, a well-known TikTok's viral recipe, originally created by House Of Keto!
Bacon twists are the perfect snack or appetizer you can make in large batches and keep in the fridge for a week, ready to pack in lunchboxes or for a simple protein-packed snack as most of the fat is rendered.
While most recipes recommend baking the bacon twists at a higher temperature, I prefer baking mine on lower to prevent any unwanted burning. This way they get nice and crunchy inside out.
I baked the bacon twists at just 150 °C/ 300 °F fan for 45 to 50 minutes. While this temperature was perfect for most toppings, some of the toppings may still burn and you can drop the temperature even lower to 135 °C/ 275 °F and bake them for a little longer.
5+ Ways to Make Bacon Twists
You can keep your bacon twists simple with no topping or you can add any of the following toppings. I tested all of these options:
- For Parmesan Bacon Twists, sprinkle the bacon slices with grated parmesan before twisting. You will need 2 to 3 teaspoons of grated parmesan per slice.
- For Sweet Maple Bacon Twists, add maple flavored Allulose syrup before twisting the slices. Use about a teaspoon of Allulose syrup per slice. (Affiliate link: You can get RxSugar 20% off by using this link or by using the code KETODIET20 at checkout.)
- For Everything Bagel Bacon Twists, sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning on top before twisting the slices. Use about 1/2 teaspoon per slice.
- For Taco Bacon Twists, brush the bacon slices with some taco sauce (you can make your own Keto Taco Sauce). Use about a teaspoon per slice.
- For Sweet Chilli Bacon Twists, brush the bacon slices with some taco sauce (you can make your own Keto Sweet & Spicy Sauce). Use about a teaspoon per slice.
There are even more options you can try that I have not tested but I'm sure they will be just as delicious!
How do Teriyaki Bacon Twists sound? You can simply try brushing some of our homemade sugar-free Teriyaki Sauce. For Spicy BBQ Bacon Twists, brush the slices with our Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce. For a tasty Mediterranean twist, sprinkle with parmesan plus dried Italian herbs or use some pesto, I've got a ton of tasty pesto recipes for you to try!
Have any more suggestions, drop them in the comments below!
Tracking with KetoDiet App?
If you're planning to add any toppings, you can make any adjustments directly in the KetoDiet App by cloning any of the recipes from my blog and customizing them to fit your macros and preferences.
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size 2 basic bacon twists
Allergy information for Keto Bacon Twists 5 Ways
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 basic bacon twists)
Net carbs0 grams
Calories from carbs 0%, protein 57%, fat 43%
Total carbs0 gramsFiber0 gramsSugars0 gramsSaturated fat4.3 gramsSodium1,200 mg(52% RDA)Magnesium5 mg(1% RDA)Potassium89 mg(4% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 14 bacon twists, 7 servings)
- 14 slices of unsmoked bacon (600 g/ 1.3 lbs)
- Optional: maple allulose syrup, everything bagel seasoning, chilli sauce, taco sauce or grated parmesan for topping
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!