Happy New year ketofam!
We start the new year with keto-friendly burritos. I’ve called these breakfast burritos as scrambled eggs are the star ingredient, but you could happily enjoy them for any meal.
I’ve paired the eggs with our homemade tomato salsa (or you can use ready made), sour cream, cheese and avocado, but feel free to get adventurous and add in any of your other favorite burrito components; shredded chicken, jalapeños, hot sauce etc. For the wrapping we used our homemade Keto Tortillas but you can use store-bought if you can find a keto-friendly option.
These low-carb burritos are best served immediately, but you could get the ingredients ready the night before to speed up preparation time.
Serving size 1 burrito
Allergy information for Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito
✔ Gluten free
✔ Pork free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 burrito)
Net carbs6.4 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 16%, fat 80%
Total carbs16.7 gramsFiber10.3 gramsSugars3.4 gramsSaturated fat18.6 gramsSodium768 mg(33% RDA)Magnesium116 mg(29% RDA)Potassium759 mg(38% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 burritos)
- 2 homemade Keto Tortillas (each 8-inch/ 20 cm)
- 1/2 cup Quick Tomato Salsa (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (15 ml)
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil for frying (15 ml)
- 3 tbsp sour cream (45 ml)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 1/2 large avocado, thinly sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- Prepare the Keto Tortillas (or use store bought low-carb tortillas, beware of the ingredients used), and the Quick Tomato Salsa Making both from scratch will take an extra hour to prepare but can be made in advance. It then takes less than 15 minutes to assemble.
- To scramble the eggs, add to a small bowl and whisk with the almond milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a medium-sized fry pan over low to medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently and occasionally with a wooden spoon until just cooked.
- To assemble, place the tortillas on two plates and top with the cheese.
- Place the scrambled eggs on top – this will begin to melt the cheese slightly. Top with the avocado, salsa and sour cream.
- Roll up and serve immediately.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 burrito)
|Best Keto & Paleo Tortillas (KetoDiet blog)|
|1.6 g||5.1 g||14 g||165 kcal|
|Mexican Salsa, homemade (KetoDiet App)|
|1.6 g||0.6 g||3.3 g||42 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.5 g||9.4 g||7.1 g||107 kcal|
|Almond milk natural (unsweetened)|
|0 g||0 g||0.1 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||7.5 g||68 kcal|
|0.8 g||0.4 g||3.5 g||36 kcal|
|0.9 g||6.5 g||9.4 g||114 kcal|
|0.9 g||1 g||7.4 g||80 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 burrito|
|6.4 g||23.1 g||52.3 g||614 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!