I love any excuse to make bite-sized party nibbles and the holiday season is the perfect time for them. Party snacks don't have to be unhealthy and fattening and these crispy keto crackers are great for nibbling. You can eat them on their own and they are even better with low-carb dips and sauces such as cheesy bacon dip, salmon paté, guacamole or marinara sauce.
Looking for more? Check out these keto party recipes to find meatballs, crisps, dips and tasty ketogenic treats for those with a sweet tooth :-)
Serving size 4 crackers
Allergy information for Keto Cheesy Party Crackers
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 4 crackers)
Net carbs1.7 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 21%, fat 75%
Total carbs6.3 gramsFiber4.5 gramsSugars0.8 gramsSaturated fat2.7 gramsSodium474 mg(21% RDA)Magnesium77 mg(19% RDA)Potassium198 mg(10% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings / 32 crackers)
- Mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, flaxmeal, psyllium, salt and pepper.
Just like in low-carb tortillas, whole psyllium husks work better than psyllium husk powder but you can use either. If you have psyllium husk powder, use only 1 tablespoon instead of 2 tablespoons.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and combine well. Pour in the water and...
- ... using your hands or a spatula, mix well. Let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Place half of the dough on a parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out until the dough is about very thin (about 1/4 cm / 1/8 inch). You can use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat. To achieve a rectangular shape, use the edges of the parchment paper or silicon mat to fold the dough over from the sides...
- ... and then roll again to flatten with the rolling pin. Repeat as needed.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 16 equal pieces. Repeat the process for the other half of the dough that you kept aside.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Try with cheesy bacon dip, salmon paté, guacamole or marinara sauce.
Tip: If you use parchment paper like I did, the crackers may stick to it. You can avoid it by using a silicon mat instead. If your crackers stick, you can remove the parchment paper by placing a wet kitchen towel on the bottom side over the parchment paper. Leave just for 20-30 seconds and peel it off the crackers carefully.
Store at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 4 crackers)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!