Dip and dunk your way to a healthy lunch with this vegetarian keto appetizer. It’s smoky with a delicate kick without being too hot or overpowering complementing the creaminess of the cheese.
Serve with crudités or your favourite keto-friendly crackers like these Keto Cheesy Party Crackers, Keto Rosemary and Onion Crackers or even Keto Tortilla Chips. A delicious low carb dip to take to a BBQ or to enjoy with Keto nachos and your favourite box set. Friday nights don’t come better that this served with the latest episode of Billions. Are you a fan too?
Follow us 36.6k
Serving size about 1/3 cup
Allergy information for Chipotle Red Pepper Cheese Dip
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1/3 cup)
Net carbs4.2 grams
Calories from carbs 19%, protein 9%, fat 72%
Total carbs6.1 gramsFiber1.9 gramsSugars3.3 gramsSaturated fat3 gramsSodium83 mg(4% RDA)Magnesium13 mg(3% RDA)Potassium239 mg(12% EMR)
Ingredients (makes about 2 cups/ 6 servings)
- 3 medium red peppers, seeds and stalks removed (400 g/ 14 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 1/3 cup full-fat cream cheese (85 g/ 3 oz)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of dried chipotle or chile flakes
- sea salt, to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp lemon juice, black pepper and chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Remove the stalk and seeds from the peppers. Chop into quarters and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until soft.
- Immediately place in a sealable bag and allow to steam naturally for 3-5 minutes. This makes the skins easy to remove.
- Peel off the skins. Add the peppers, sun dried tomatoes, chipotle or chilli, paprika, cream cheese, garlic and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Place in the fridge to thicken. Optionally, stir through 1 tsp of lemon juice before serving.
- Top with cracked black pepper and parsley if you prefer. Serve with crudités or keto crackers. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 1/3 cup)
|Peppers, red bell, fresh|
|2.6 g||0.7 g||0.2 g||21 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||2.3 g||20 kcal|
|Sun-dried tomatoes (in oil, drained)|
|0.8 g||0.2 g||0.6 g||10 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|0.5 g||1 g||4 g||35 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Peppers, chile (chili), flaked and dried, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 1/3 cup|
|4.2 g||2 g||7.1 g||88 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!