Everyone should know how to make the perfect Guacamole! This easy keto-friendly salad that goes great as a side with barbecue meat. This recipe is one of the many low-carb recipes in our KetoDiet App and I use it as an ingredient in several other keto recipes.
It's a great way to include avocados into your diet. Avocados are not only high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and fibre but they are exceptionally high in potassium which is an important electrolyte that will help you beat keto-flu.
Note: Lime juice, chile pepper, cilantro and salt should be used to taste. Start with less and add more if needed. You can also reduce the amount of tomatoes or replace it with more avocado. If you're not a fan of cilantro, use fresh parsley instead
Follow us 36.6k
Allergy information for Quick & Easy Chunky Guacamole
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5.4 grams
Calories from carbs 13%, protein 7%, fat 80%
Total carbs13.2 gramsFiber7.8 gramsSugars2.6 gramsSaturated fat2.1 gramsSodium300 mg(13% RDA)Magnesium34 mg(9% RDA)Potassium691 mg(35% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 large ripe avocados (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- 1 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 small white onion, chopped (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-4 tbsp fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 small red chile pepper
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Halve, deseed and finely chop the chili pepper and dice the tomatoes.
- Halve and peel the avocados. Remove the seed and place the flesh from one avocado into a bowl. Mash it well using a fork. Dice the other avocado into 1/2-inch pieces and keep aside.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic, diced tomatoes and finely chopped chili pepper. Mix well using a fork.
- Add the remaining diced avocado, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well (do not mash).
- Enjoy on top of crispy bacon slices or with Grain-free Tortilla Chips or keto crackers. To store, cover with a cling film, or transfer into a jar and seal.
Store sealed in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|1.8 g||2 g||14.7 g||160 kcal|
|Tomatoes, cherry, fresh, all varieties|
|0.9 g||0.4 g||0.2 g||9 kcal|
|Onion, white, fresh|
|1.1 g||0.2 g||0 g||6 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Lime (juice), fresh|
|0.9 g||0 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Peppers, chile (chili), fresh|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Coriander (cilantro), fresh|
|0 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|5.4 g||2.8 g||14.9 g||181 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!