When you combine all the amazing flavours of Pizza Pepperoni with the convenience of Quick Skillet Frittata, you end up with a delicious keto breakfast meal! Since this is an all-time favourite in my house, I decided to make a quick video recipe to show you how easy it is to follow a healthy ketogenic diet. I realised that one slice was enough to fill me up for hours - you can have two if you're really hungry :-)
Also, check out this Pizza Frittata with bacon from my pal Kyndra of Peace, Love and Low-Carb!
Follow us 7.6k
Nutritional values (per slice, ¼ frittata)
|of which Saturated||13.2||grams|
|Magnesium||31||mg (8% RDA)|
|Potassium||296||mg (15% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (24%), fat (72%)
Ingredients (makes 2-4 servings)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (22 g/ 0.8 oz)
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 1 oz whole pepperoni slices (28 g)
- fresh basil for garnish
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat. Add the marinara sauce, oregano, grated Parmesan and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Grease a pan with ghee and add the chopped pepperoni. Cook over a medium-high heat for a few minutes to release the juices and crisp it up.
- Add diced onion and cook for a few minutes. Add sliced red bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender.
- Pour in the egg mixture and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook until the top starts to firm up and the edges are turning opaque (8-10 minutes).
- Then top with the remaining cheese and pepperoni slices. Place under a broiler for 5-7 minutes to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Top with fresh basil just before serving.
- Slice and enjoy! One slice is great as a light meal, 2 slices as a full meal. Optionally, serve with some crispy greens or pickles.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!