I love simple meals that don't take long to prepare and this recipe is definitely one of them. If you want to add more protein, eat with some crisped up bacon or high-quality ham. If you want to add some heart-healthy fats, eat with avocados.
Here are a few reasons why you should eat mushrooms:
- they are low in net carbs and calories (2-4 g net carbs per 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- they are a good source of fiber
- they are a great source of potassium which helps with "keto-flu" when you are on a low-carb diet (this recipe gives you about 35% RDA of potassium per portion)
Nutritional values per serving (2 mushrooms + fresh greens)
|of which Saturated||11.3||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6.6%), protein (17%), fat (76.4%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 4 Portobello mushrooms (300g / 10.6 oz)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (100g / 3.5 oz)
- fresh thyme
- 2 cups lettuce (56g / 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175 C. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem. Season with salt to taste.
- Chop the stems into small pieces and add fresh thyme leaves.
- Fill each mushroom with crumbled blue cheese, chopped stems and thyme. Place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving plate with fresh greens tossed with olive oil. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!