These mini low-carb stuffed mushrooms are the perfect finger food to serve at a cocktail party, or a keto starter before a main course.
To stuff smaller mushrooms, you need to remove the stems and scoop out the gills so that there is space to put the stuffing. Keep these stems and gills — they are delicious roughly chopped and fried with some garlic, or with scrambled eggs.
While stuffed mushrooms can sometimes be a bit soggy, this low-carb recipe partially cooks the mushrooms before stuffing, which helps to remove moisture and prevent any sogginess.
For even creamier cheesy stuffed mushrooms, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of cream cheese, goat's cheese or mascarpone to the spinach.
Serving size 2 mushrooms
Allergy information for Low-Carb Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 mushrooms)
Net carbs2.1 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 21%, fat 70%
Total carbs3.6 gramsFiber1.5 gramsSugars1.4 gramsSaturated fat1.6 gramsSodium339 mg(15% RDA)Magnesium31 mg(8% RDA)Potassium306 mg(15% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 5 servings)
- 10 medium cups white mushrooms, stems and gills removed (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided (30 ml)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, drained (156 g/ 5.5 oz) or cooked beet greens or chard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese or other Italian-style hard cheese of choice (25 g/ 0.9 oz)
- Optional: 3-4 tbsp cream cheese, soft giat's cheese or mascarpone
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!