Confession. I really miss garlic bread. I can live without bread in general, but there is something about that hot, buttery, garlicky bread combination that makes my heart sing. So, when I was asked to create a keto style Garlic Knots recipe I pretty much fist pumped the air.
I tweaked my fat head dough recipe to make it a bit firmer and less inclined to spread out (there were quite a few failed attempts) and the result is these delicious rolls. It's similar to our Keto Turkish Borek — a recipe that caused a bit of craze on social media — with the addition of baking powder for fluffier results.
Soft and fluffy with the flavours of garlic and parsley winding their way through, these keto garlic knots the perfect remedy to garlic bread longing.
Finally, if you love garlic bread and have time to make an almost authentic low-carb garlic bread recipe using our keto sourdough bread, give it a go, it's really worth it — Enjoy!
Serving size 1 garlic knot
Allergy information for Low-Carb & Keto Garlic Knots
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 garlic knot)
Net carbs4.7 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 23%, fat 70%
Total carbs6 gramsFiber1.3 gramsSugars2 gramsSaturated fat9.1 gramsSodium506 mg(22% RDA)Magnesium49 mg(12% RDA)Potassium209 mg(10% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella (340 g/ 12 oz)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp full-fat cream cheese (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted), or 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional).
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. (You will need to use part-skim, pizza-style, low-moisture shredded mozzarella, not fresh mozzarella.)
- Stir and then heat in bursts of 30 seconds until the cheese is melted. Don’t overcook as you don’t want the oils to separate.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, eggs, garlic and parsley and mix really well until a smooth dough forms.
Note: You need to use shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese, not mozzarella cheese block, or the dough may be too moist. If it seems too moist it won't hold its shape. You could fix that by sifting in about 1 tsp of xanthan gum and kneading into the dough. This will result in thicker dough that will be easier to shape, similar to Keto Pretzels.
- Divide into eight portions. Form a log out of each one and roll it until it’s thin enough to form into a knot. Form the knot and place on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat until all eight are done. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Warm slightly before eating.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 garlic knot)
|Mozzarella cheese (low moisture, for pizza)|
|2.4 g||10.1 g||8.4 g||125 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|0.6 g||1.3 g||5.3 g||46 kcal|
|Almond flour (blanched ground almonds, almond meal)|
|1.1 g||2.7 g||6.6 g||74 kcal|
|Baking powder, gluten-free|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.1 g||1.6 g||1.2 g||18 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Parsley, fresh (spices)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 garlic knot|
|4.7 g||15.7 g||21.4 g||265 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!