I can't imagine summer without fresh healthy salads. Salads made with leafy greens and non-starchy vegetables are great for lunch boxes and busy days.
This dressing adds great flavour and is made with healthy fats: olive oil is high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and MCT oil will help you kick-start fat loss. You can keep the dressing in the fridge and just drizzle over crunchy lettuce, tomatoes and other seasonal veggies.
I kept mine simple with Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon and herbs. Here are some suggestions for additional seasonings and swaps:
- 1/2 garlic powder instead of crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp chile powder or 1-2 tsp freshly chopped chillies
- 1 tbsp Sriracha - you can make your own
- 1 tbsp ketchup — make your own) — and 1/2 tsp onion powder
- other healthy oils instead of olive oil and/or MCT oil: avocado, macadamia, hazelnut or walnut oil are my favourites
Serving size 2 tbsp/ 30 ml
Allergy information for Fat-Burning Salad Dressing
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 tbsp/ 30 ml)
Net carbs0.8 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 1%, fat 97%
Total carbs0.9 gramsFiber0.2 gramsSugars0.2 gramsSaturated fat6.7 gramsSodium59 mg(3% RDA)Magnesium3 mg(1% RDA)Potassium25 mg(1% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings, about 3/4 cup)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!