Hi friends, if you haven't seen me posting recently, it's because we've been busy working on new features for the KetoDiet App, including the fully-featured Android App. And it doesn't end there. I've been working on two new cookbooks! My Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less cookbook will be out in June 2017 and is available to preorder, and my Keto Slow Cooker and One-Pot Meals cookbook will be out in winter 2017/18.
So we joined forces with two talented food bloggers who will be developing recipes for our site! Today I'd like to introduce Lauren, LEster, the mastermind behind Cast Iron Keto. Lauren will be helping me create even more low-carb recipes. Here's her first recipe: Bistro Steak Salad with Horseradish Dressing.
I’m a huge fan of eating at least one large salad each day. Not only are you loading up on veggies that boast a good dose of fiber and vitamins but they’re quick, easy, and perfect for packing for lunches.
This Bistro Steak Salad with Horseradish Dressing packs an extra protein punch from some delicious steak but also a great tang and bite from the horseradish dressing. I find that most salads you order out are loaded with sugar undoing all of the benefits of eating a healthy salad. Gorgeous veggies doused in a dressing that’s full of less than stellar oils and sugar sort of negates the whole eating a salad philosophy you know?
I promise that this will be a salad you come back to over and over again!
Allergy information for Bistro Steak Salad with Horseradish Dressing
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs6.2 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 23%, fat 74%
Total carbs10.5 gramsFiber4.3 gramsSugars5.6 gramsSaturated fat18.3 gramsSodium1,191 mg(52% RDA)Magnesium77 mg(19% RDA)Potassium1,296 mg(65% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 ribeye steak (340 g/ 12 oz)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bag salad greens, romaine is especially good in this (200 g/ 7 oz)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 4.2 oz cherry tomatoes (120 g)
- 4 slices uncured bacon (130 g/ 5 oz raw or 45 g/ 1.6 oz cooked)
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes (58 g/ 2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the bacon in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes until crispy. Drain on paper towels and chop into small pieces. While the bacon is cooking move onto step 2.
- Heat a grill pan or your grill to high heat. Pat the steak dry and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4 minutes until nice grill marks form and flip. Cook an additional 12-15 minutes depending on how you want the steak cooked. For medium go with 12 minutes and the internal temperature should read 155° F. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest 5 minutes at room temperature. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- While the steak is cooking make the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, horseradish, and salt and pepper.
- To assemble, divide the lettuce, onion, tomatoes, bacon, radish, and sliced steak between the bowls. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Ribeye steak, beef, grass-fed|
|0 g||32 g||33.7 g||434 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|1.2 g||1.2 g||0.3 g||17 kcal|
|Onion, red, fresh|
|2 g||0.4 g||0.1 g||12 kcal|
|Tomatoes, cherry, fresh, all varieties|
|1.1 g||0.4 g||0.2 g||10 kcal|
|Bacon, crispy (bacon grease removed)|
|0 g||6.8 g||2.3 g||47 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.2 g||0 g||5 kcal|
|0.2 g||0.3 g||22.8 g||204 kcal|
|1.2 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||7 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|6.2 g||41.4 g||59.4 g||736 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!