Hi Friends, I have great news for you!
With our major iOS update in January, we've made KetoDiet a universal app on the iPhone and iPad. All features of the iPad version are supported on the iPhone, including planning & tracking features.
Our next milestone was to provide an upgrade path for KetoDiet Basic and we've accomplished that in our upcoming release that will be out in the next few days! What this means is that if you have KetoDiet Basic, you can enable all the advanced features without having to buy KetoDiet.
What are the Advanced Features in KetoDiet Basic?
Tracking, Planning & Monitoring
Planning and tracking your diet, monitoring your progress, creating custom meals, custom ingredients, searching through restaurant meals, etc.
Data Sync for iOS Devices
You can sync data across multiple devices. We have developed our own data sync solution and in the near future, we will enable our users to sync between KetoDiet and KetoDiet Basic across all platforms (iOS and Android). Currently, data syncing is only enabled for KetoDiet iOS.
Integrated Keto Calculator
Our Keto Calculator is fully integrated into the planner to help you calculate your ideal macros based on your goals and help you stay on track.
How Much Does the Upgrade Cost?
To enable the advanced features in KetoDiet Basic, you have to make a one-off purchase. We always aim to charge a fair price. The cost of the upgrade reflects the difference between the price of KetoDiet (fully featured app) and KetoDiet Basic, plus a small fee of $1 USD to reflect the work we've done to make KetoDiet Basic upgradable.
What if I don't want to enable the advanced features?
Let's make this clear: you don't have to upgrade. We know it's a popular request by KetoDiet Basic users to be able to enable them. For that reason, we made this option easily accessible on the main menu. However, if you choose not to upgrade, that option will be hidden. If at any point you change your mind, you will be able to find the Upgrade option again in Settings.
How Much Will Any Upcoming Updates Cost?
All updates are and will remain free. However, as I explained in this post in detail, to keep this project sustainable, we will adjust the overall pricing to reflect our continuous development and maintenance costs. Any pricing changes will not affect those of you who already own our app and optional recipe packages. This will only have an impact on those who will buy the app and/or optional recipe packages in the future.
The pricing is going to change once the new version of KetoDiet Basic is out (within the next few days):
- The current price of the fully-featured KetoDiet app is $4.99 USD. The new price will be $6.99 USD
- The price of KetoDiet Basic will remain the same at $1.99 USD
- To enable all advanced features in KetoDiet Basic: $4.99 USD
- The current price of the recipe packages is $0.99 USD (per package of 30+ recipes each and counting as we keep adding new recipes). The new price will be $1.99 USD.
Isn't your App too expensive?
A complex app like KetoDiet takes a lot of time and effort to develop, in fact, a lot more than any cookbook, yet as a result of the current situation on the app market, apps in general are massively underpriced. Charging a fair price is the only way to keep this project going.
Next Updates (March-April 2017)
- Enhance warnings/stats for meeting macronutrient targets
- Copy & paste planner meals for quick planning
- Universal search across all recipes when adding them to the Planner (blog meals, KetoDiet meals, custom meals, etc)
- Adding "favorites" to the Planner so you can quickly add frequently used meals
- Multi-user account support with data sync and fast user switching. This feature will be free for the first account. Any additional accounts will be available to buy for $0.99 USD per month to cover the cost of processing and storing the additional data on our servers.
Upcoming Updates in 2017
- Barcode scanning. We strive for quality, not quantity. Accuracy is your key priority and unlike all other apps, we won't be using a crowdsourced database - we will use a verified database.
- Adding new restaurant chains to our database to quickly find keto-friendly options when eating out
- Adding new meals into the Starter pack and existing optional recipe packages (once you get any package, any recipes added in the future are always free!)
- Data export, especially progress stats
- Apple Watch support
- Activity tracking & Health App integration
- Ketone tracking, glucose tracking, and more tracking options
- Integration with KetoDiet meal plans (free and premium 7-day, 14-day and 28-day diet plans directly in the Planner with just one click)
- KetoDiet Challenges & community integration
- Add recipe user notes in custom meals so that you have all you need to make your favourite recipe
- New recipe packages - requested by users (American Favorites, Vegetarian Recipes, Easy & Simple 2nd Edition and Keto Treats)
The features are driven by your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment if you have anything else you would like us to add and if it's something we can do, we'll do our best to implement it in future updates.
How About Android?
We've been working on the fully featured KetoDiet Android app and we expect to release it in mid 2017. As with all software, it's very hard to give precise estimates and KetoDiet is a fairly complex app.
We should be able to start beta-testing in the next few months and will notify everyone who's included. If you wish to be included, please, send us an e-mail via this form - leaving a comment below won't work, you need to send us an e-mail.
Want to help us take KetoDiet to the next level?
If you find our Apps useful, please, leave a review on the AppStore/ Google Play. It's the best thing you can do to support us. Thank you!
- KetoDiet App News
- New Upgrade Path for KetoDiet Basic (iOS)
- Martina Slajerova
- New Upgrade Path for KetoDiet Basic (iOS)
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this post!